1. FATHERHOOD IS A MATTER OF CHOICE
2. FATHERHOOD IS ROOTED IN CHILDHOOD
3. YOU’RE BEING FATHERED, WHEN YOU’RE BEING TAUGHT
“Hear, O sons, the instruction of a father, and give attention that you may gain understanding, for I give you sound teaching; do not
abandon my instruction.”
(Proverbs 4:1-2 NASB)
“Hear, my son, and accept my sayings and the years of your life will be
many. I have directed you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in
(Proverbs 4:10-11 NASB)
4. YOU’RE BEING FATHERED, WHEN YOU’RE BEING DISCIPLINED
“For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines, and He scourges every
son whom He receives.” (Hebrews 12:6 NASB)
“…we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them…”
(Hebrews 12:9 NASB)
“Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who
love their children care enough to discipline them.” (Proverbs 13:24
“No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening – it’s painful! But
afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who
are trained in this way.” (Hebrews 12:11 NLT)
Victory Group Questions:
1. How does God show Himself as your HEAVENLY FATHER in your life?
2. Why is a “father’s” role so important in the family?
3. What effects do you think “fatherlessness” have on the family and society?