First Things First
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33 NKJV
1. START WITH A CLEAN SLATE: TABULA RASA!!
“But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18-19 NLT
“This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT
2. IDENTIFY THE CORNER AND BEGIN THERE!!
“Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself.” Ephesians 2:20 NLT
3. ESTABLISH A BORDER TO SET BOUNDARIES!!
“For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders.” 1 Timothy 1:9 NLT
Victory Group Questions
1. What is your New Years resolution?? What is the FIRST step that you’re taking to accomplish it?? How’s it going so far??
2. What are some of the things or people lol you’re leaving behind in 2020 to Start with a Clean Slate?? Why??
3. How involved is Jesus with your decision making?? Would you say that Jesus is a “Priority” or a “Lifestyle”?? How??
4. With the Law written on your heart, how has the Law saved you or led you to salvation?? How has the Boundaries protected you throughout your walk??