Forerunners For Christ
A FORERUNNER is a messenger sent to give notice of the approach of others; a person who forges a pathway for others to follow.
In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: “A
voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’” John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey. People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. Matthew 3:1-6 (NIV)
1. Jesus was the ultimate Forerunner, giving hope to this world by paving a pathway to salvation for mankind.
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our Forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. Hebrews 6:19-20 (NIV)
2. What does it take to be a Forerunner for Christ?
Be Passionate about God and Life
There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
Jesus’ Mission and Passion:
For the Son of Man came to seek and save the lost. Luke 19:10 (NIV)
Set your face like flint! Be a Forerunner, not a running back
Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced, therefore I have set my face like flint and I know I will not be put to shame. Isaiah 50:7 (NIV)
MAY YOU BOLDLY GO WHERE NO ONE HAS GONE BEFORE!
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1. How can you be a Forerunner for Christ in your own life? Are you paving a pathway for others to follow? If so, how?
2. What is your mission and passion in life? How are you living it out in your daily life and making a difference in the lives of others?
3. In what areas of your life do you need to “Set your Face Like Flint” and persevere with endurance? Ask for prayer in this area so you can be an overcomer!
4. Share your thoughts about this quote and apply it to your life: There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.