“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38 (NIV)
1. PRAYING FOR OTHERS HAS A BOOMERANG EFFECT!
“After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.” Job 42:10 (NIV)
2. PRAYING FOR OTHERS CHANGES OUR HEART!
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” John 17:20-21 (NIV)
“Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed…” James 5:16 (NASB)
3. PRAYING FOR OTHERS RELEASES ABUNDANT BLESSINGS!
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came so that they would have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10 (NASB)
Victory Group Questions.
1. Read Matthew 6:9-13 the Lord’s Prayer
2. How has praying for others changed your heart?
3. Identify 3 prayer points that you can pray for an individual.
4. Share a moment when God has allowed the blessing for you to witness an answered prayer for someone.