But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s
gift. Therefore, it says, “When He ascended on high, He led captive the captives,
And He gave gifts to people.” Now this expression, “He ascended,” what does it mean except that He also
had descended into the lower parts of the earth?
Ephesians 4:7-9 (NASB)
1. YOU HAVE TO GO DOWN, BEFORE YOU CAN GO UP!
“Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.”
Hebrews 10:36 (NLT)
“But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved.”
Hebrews 10:39 (NLT)
2. THE LOWER YOU ARE, THE HIGHER YOU CAN GO UP!
He who descended is the very same as He who also has ascended high above all the heavens, that He [His presence] might fill all things [that is, the whole universe.]”
Ephesians 4:10 (AMP)
3. GO DOWN TO YOUR KNEES BEFORE YOU GO UP ON YOUR FEET!
“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”
Luke 22:42 (NIV)
Life Group Questions:
1. We have all experienced down points in our lives. Share a time where God was able to lift you up from that season.
2. A lot of times we ask “Why so low God?” How do you/can you move from a low point to a high point?
3. Without a test, there can be not testimony. Share your testimony of how Jesus came into your life.
4. Low points can birth the most powerful prayers. If you are in a valley season (low point), open your heart and pray to God.