For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, says the Lord. And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. Isaiah 55:8 (NLT)
“God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible. What a pity that we plan only the things we can do by ourselves.” A.W. Tozer
1. YOU CAN EITHER FIT GOD INTO YOUR LIFE OR TRY TO FIT YOURSELF INTO GOD’S LIFE.
The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9 (NASB)
2. RECEIVE GOD’S BLESSINGS WHEN YOU DO THINGS HIS WAY, ACCORDING TO HIS WORD
GOD’S WORD IS OUR FINAL AUTHORITY
Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. John 17:17 (NKJV)
3. FOLLOW THE ACTS PRINCIPLE WHEN MAKING DECISIONS:
A – AUTHORITY
C – CIRCUMSTANCES
T - TIMING
S – SCRIPTURES; SPIRIT OF PEACE
We will receive from Him whatever we ask because we obey Him and do the things that please Him. 1 John 3:22 (NLT)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. What is one thing you learned from this message and how will you apply it to your life?
2. Share how your future decisions in life will be positively affected as you stand on this truth: “God’s Word is our final authority.”
3. How can you apply the ACTS Principle of decision making in this season of your life?
4. Do you believe God has a plan and purpose for your life? If so, share it with the group. If you are unsure, ask the group to pray for you so you can receive direction from the Lord.