God's Pruning Season
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.”
John 15:1-2 (NIV)
1. GOD CUTS OFF THE USELESS!
“He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit…”
John 15:2 (NIV)
2. GOD PRUNES SOMETHING GOOD, TO BEAR EVEN MORE FRUIT!
“…while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.” John 15:2 (NIV)
3. DON’T RESIST THE PROCESS, REJOICE IN THE PROCESS!
“In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.”
1 Peter 1:6 (NIV)
“These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.”
1 Peter 1:7 (NIV)
Victory Group Questions:
1. How do you recognize if you are in a season of pruning?
2. What activities in your life that are wasting your time, energy and resources?
3. God prunes on purpose and for a purpose. Identify 3 steps you can take to help yourself through a season of pruning.
4. God wants to move you from good to great. How does your attitude hinder you from moving from good to great?