Handling Your Critics Pt.1
(Jesus) made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of
Philippians 2:7-8 (NKJV)
1) SIGNIFICANCE IN GOD’S KINGDOM BRINGS CRITICISM
TO SILENCE YOUR CRITICS, SUCCEED IN FRONT OF THEM
2) BE A GOD PLEASER NOT A PEOPLE PLEASER
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Galatians 1:10 (NIV)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Revelation 12:11 (NKJV)
3) CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM MAKES YOU BETTER AND STRONGER. IT’S ALL IN YOUR PERSPECTIVE.
Victory Group Questions
1. Read Philippians 2:7-8 (NKJV). What does this scripture mean to you especially when receiving criticism?
2. Read the quote by Marianne Williamson. How do these words speak to your life?
3. Do you struggle with pleasing people over pleasing God? Why or why not? Share an example from your life.
4. What is something that you personally took away from this message? Share.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest
fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not
our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am
I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are
you not to be? You are a child of God!
Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing
enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel
insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is
within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as
we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own
fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
- Marianne Williamson