Happily Ever After
In order to live a blessed life full of God’s joy, peace and happiness we must…
1. BUILD OUR LIVES ON GOD AND HIS WORD; DELIGHT IN HIS TRUTHS
(Jesus said) Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.
Matthew 7:24 (NLT)
Blessed is the man (whose)…delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does
Psalm 1:1-3 (NKJV)
2. STRONG FOUNDATIONS FOR A BETTER LIFE:
Couples ask yourself these 5 important questions:
ARE YOU WILLING TO…
1. Work at GROWING as an individual in all areas of your life (emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically, socially)
2. Be HONEST about your own brokenness and get the help you need
3. Receive FEEDBACK from your relational community (family, Christian friends, spiritual leaders)
4. Look at the RED FLAGS in your relationship and address them
5. Work through CONFLICT and not give up on your relationship
3) DON’T AVOID OR IGNORE CONFLICT; IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY FOR GRACE AND LOVE TO TRIUMPH
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NLT)
Know this my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.
James 1:19 (ESV)
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIPS
Be honest with your feelings; Use “I feel” statements Identify the issue and focus on the solution; Don’t blame others Apologize and humble yourself; Show grace and forgiveness Agree to disagree; Give up control and trust God Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let
them be afraid.
John 14:27 (ESV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1. Do you find yourself going to God’s Word for answers to your problems, especially in your marriage and relationships?
Explain your answer.
2. Of the 3 Foundations For a Better Life (Faith, Family, Finances) which area do you need to strengthen? Explain.
3. How do you handle conflict in your relationships? Is your response FIGHT, FLIGHT or FREEZE? How can you respond in a more Christ-like way?
4. Review the Conflict Resolution Tips and share an area that you need to improve on when it comes to handling your