“For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for GOOD WORKS, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10 (NKJV)
“Truly, truly I say to you, the one who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and GREATER WORKS than these he will do...” John 14:12 (NASB)
1. WE ARE ENLISTED INTO ACTIVE SERVICE TO RECLAIM LIVES FOR JESUS.
“Take with me your share of hardship [passing through the difficulties which you are called to endure], LIKE A GOOD SOLDIER OF CHRIST JESUS. No soldier in active service gets entangled in the [ordinary business] affairs of civilian life; [he avoids them] so that he may please the One who enlisted him to serve.” 2 Timothy 2:3-4 (AMP)
2. BE ARMED AND READY FOR BATTLE.
“My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.” John 17:15-16 (NIV)
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage battle according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.” 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 (NASB)
3. IT’S OUR DUTY TO HELP BUILD AND ADVANCE THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH.
“If you return, then I will restore you—you will stand before Me; And if you extract the precious from the worthless, You will become My spokesman. They, for their part, may turn to you, but as for you, YOU ARE NOT TO TURN TO THEM.’ Then I will make you to this people A fortified wall of bronze; And though they fight against you, They will not prevail over you; For I AM WITH YOU TO SAVE YOU AND RESCUE YOU,” declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 15:19:20 (NASB)
Victory Group Questions:
1. What kind of Soldier of Christ do you think you are today; young, old or good? Explain why.
2. How are you currently serving Christ and helping to advance His Kingdom? If you’re not, why?
3. What was your biggest takeaway from this message and explain why?