Hold Fast Your Confidence
“…Christ was faithful as a Son over His house-whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.” (Hebrews 3:6 NASB)
1. THE DEVIL TARGETS YOUR CONFIDENCE AT OPPORTUNE TIMES
“When the devil had finished tempting Jesus, he left him until the next opportunity came.” (Luke 4:13 NLT)
“…do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.” (Hebrews 10:35 NASB)
DON’T PUT A QUESTION MARK, WHERE YOU SHOULD PUT AN EXCLAMATION POINT
“…let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16 NIV)
2. KEEP A CLEAN HEART
“…My strength has failed because of my iniquity, and my body has wasted away.” (Psalm 31:10 NASB)
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” (Psalm 51:10 NASB)
3. COLLECT MEMORIES THAT STRENGTHEN YOUR CONFIDENCE
“Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear…” (I Samuel 17:36 NASB)
“Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident.” (Psalm 27:3 NASB)
4. WHEN YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN GOD, YOU’LL HAVE ALL YOU NEED!
“…blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV)
1. When was the last time you passed on a God given opportunity because you lacked confidence? Please describe.
2. What action steps can you take today to strengthen your confidence?
3. What are some confidence stealers?
4. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the “Strongest”, how confident are you in God? What reduces and increases your confidence in God?