Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV)
HOPE is a confident expectation in Jesus. We put our trust in God and not on our own understanding. Hope defeats despair and claims victory through Jesus Christ!
1. WHERE THERE IS HOPE FOR THE FUTURE, THERE IS POWER IN THE PRESENT
This HOPE (Jesus) is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. Hebrews 6:19 (NLT)
To bring back into existence or use (repair)
To put back into the original state or condition (renew)
To give back something that was lost or taken (return)
To put back in possession (regain/recover)
2. RECEIVE THE SHEPHERD’S RESTORATION
The Lord is My shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Psalm 23:1-3 (ESV)
2. REPENT AND RETURN TO GOD; HE PROMISES AWAITS
The Lord must wait for you to come to him so He can show you His love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help. Isaiah 30:18 (NLT)
After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10 (ESV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. What is one nugget of truth you received from this message that you can apply to your life?
2. Read 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. How can you apply this scripture to your life and experience that HOPE IN JESUS CHRIST?
3. Read Psalm 23. What truths stood out to you about God’s love and restoration for you as your Shepherd?
4. Do you need to repent and return to God in an area of your life? If so, pray for one another in your Victory Group, as well as with a family member or friend so that your hope and relationship with God can be restored.