“Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will
never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”
John 6:35 (NIV)
1. YOU NEED TO COME HUNGRY NOT SATISFIED!
“O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole-body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.”
Psalms 63:1 (NLT)
“God—you’re my God! I can’t get enough of you! I’ve worked up such
hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts.”
Psalms 63:1 (MSG)
2. LEARN TO FEED YOURSELF!
“…Instead, train yourself to be godly. “Physical training is good, but training
for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”
1 Timothy 4:7-8 (NLT)
“…Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.”
1 Timothy 6:11 (NLT)
YOUR APPETITE WILL CHANGE!
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.”
Matthew 5:6 (NIV)
3. FEED YOUR SPIRIT AND STARVE YOUR FLESH!
“The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear a crushed
spirit?” Proverbs 18:14 (NLT)
Victory Group Questions:
1. READ Matthew 5: 1-11. Share our thoughts.
2. As we continue to grow in our relationship with Jesus our desires change.
Share a time when your desires for the world changed?
3. What are some current personal life habits that allow you to grow closer
to God? What has been the outcome?
4. What life habits do you need to starve? What life habits do you need to