“So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites.”
Exodus 3:8 NKJV
1. FOCUS MORE ON THE PROMISE AND LESS ON THE PROBLEM!
“The LORD now said to Moses, ‘Send out men to explore the land of Canaan, the land I am giving to the Israelites. Send one leader from each of the twelve ancestral tribes.”
Numbers 13:1-2 NLT
2. GIVE A REPORT NOT A REACTION!
“This was their report to Moses: “We entered the land you sent us to explore, and it is indeed a bountiful country—a land flowing with milk and honey. Here is the kind of fruit it produces. But…”
Numbers 13:27-28 NLT
“But the other men who explored the land with him disagreed, ‘We can’t go up against them! They are stronger than we are!’”
Numbers 13:31 NLT
3. YOU ARE BECAUSE HE IS!
“Then the man—Adam—named his wife Eve, because she would be the mother of all who live.”
Genesis 3:20 NLT
“These are the names of the men whom Moses sent to spy out the land. And Moses called Hoshea the son of Nun, Joshua.”
Numbers 13:16 NKJV
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) Honest Self-Evaluation: In the midst of trials, do you find yourself focusing more on the problems or on the promises? What are some ways that’ll help us stay focused on His Promises? Share.
2) What does it mean to “Give a Report” not a “Reaction”? What does it mean to you? Explain.
3) What is your view on the Identity crisis in America today? And how should we respond as believers? Discuss.
4) What else stood out to you from the message? Share.