Keeping a Clean House
“For this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Hidden among you, O Israel, are things set apart for the Lord. You will never defeat your enemies until you remove these things from among you.” Joshua 7:13 NLT
1. DON’T JUST DECLARE YOUR FAITH, DECLUTTER IT!!
Declutter: (v) remove unnecessary items from (an untidy or overcrowded place); to organize and prioritize
“A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away;” Ecclesiastes 3:6 NKJV
2. ATTACK THE UNDERLYING ISSUES BEFORE IT BECOMES UNRESOLVED SIN!!
“Among the plunder I saw a beautiful robe from Babylon, 200 silver coins, and a bar of gold weighing more than a pound. I wanted them so much that I took them. They are hidden in the ground beneath my tent…”
Joshua 7:21 NLT
3. DEEPER CLEANING JUST MEANS DEEPER CONVERSATIONS!!
“Early the next morning Joshua brought the tribes of Israel before the Lord, and the tribe of Judah was singled out. Then the clans of Judah came forward, and the clan of Zerah was singled out. Then the families of Zerah came forward, and the family of Zimri was singled out. Every member of Zimri’s family was brought forward person by person, and Achan was singled out.” Joshua 7:16-18 NLT
“...When he feels the force of my strong hand, he will let the people go. In fact, he will force them to leave his land!”
Exodus 6:1 NLT
4. THE #1 BRAND FOR STAIN REMOVAL IS REPENTANCE!!
“Come now, let’s settle this,’ says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.” Isaiah 1:18 NLT
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) What are some things that you need to Declutter from your life and why?? Explain.
2) What is your understanding of “Underlying Issues” and how it relates to “Unresolved Sin”??
3) Is there any “Deep Cleaning” that you need to do in your home?? Why are “Deeper Conversations” important to have?? And how does this keep a clean house??
4) In your own words, explain to me what “Repentance” is and how important it is to you.
5) What is something you took away from this message that wasn’t discussed in today’s victory group??