Lift up Your Eyes
“Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you,
lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!” John 4:35 NKJV
1. BE SELF AWARE, BUT NOT SELF ABSORBED!!
“Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.”
Luke 17:33 NKJV
“And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for
them, and healed their sick.” Matthew 14:14 NKJV
2. DON’T LET YOUR PROBLEMS DISTRACT YOU FROM YOUR PURPOSE!!
“So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, and poured
water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had
around him.” John 13:4-5 NLT
3. ALL THE TIME IS THE TIME!!
“So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming. Understand
this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would keep watch and not
permit his house to be broken into. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will
come when least expected.” Matthew 24:42-44 NLT
Victory Group Questions:
1) Would you consider yourself to be more “Self Absorbed”?? Why or why not?? Do you
have Compassion for others?? Explain.
2) Have you ever experienced problems or circumstances that distracted you from your
purpose/calling?? Did it hinder you or did you overcome it?? Share.
3) (Read Matthew 24:44) If you’re being honest with yourself, would you say that you’re
living your life with this kind of urgency?? Why or why not??
4) (Take all that you’ve learned from this message) How would you preach to someone
the importance of Lifting up Their Eyes?? Use Elevator Testimony style (2-3 min