If the Son sets you free, then you will be free indeed. John 8:36 (NIV)
God’s Word always put the “IF” on man’s side and never on God’s side. If we obey, God will do it. If we do our part, then God will do His part!
1. WHAT HAS CHRIST FREED YOU FROM?
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore, keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1 (NASB)
Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32 (NIV)
2. WHAT HAS CHRIST FREED YOU TO DO?
THE FREEDOM TO LIVE
I (Jesus) came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10 (ESV)
THE FREEDOM TO SERVE
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45 (NIV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Read the IF and THEN scriptures found in John 8:31, 32, 36 and apply it to your life. What is God speaking to you in the area of your obedience?
2. Read Galatians 5:1. Are there areas of sin in your life that you keep returning to? If so, ask those to pray for breakthrough over your life in these areas.
3. Jesus came to free you to live that abundant life and to serve Him, in order to increase your capacity as a Believer. Identify some areas in your life that may limit your capacity to live free and receive prayer in these areas.