Love & Marriage
“Disregard them! They are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man,
both will fall into a pit.”
(Matthew 15:14 BSB)
LOVE AIMS TO GIVE, LUST AIMS TO GET
1. GOD DEFINED, AND DESIGNED MARRIAGE
“God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. “God blessed them; and God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule…’”
(Genesis 1:27-28 NASB)
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.”
(Genesis 2:24 NKJ)
DESIGN RELATES TO PURPOSE
2. GOD SET STANDARDS IN, AND FOR MARRIAGES
(I Corinthians 7, and Ephesians 5:22-33)
3. MARRIAGE IS A SACRED INSTITUTION, NOT SECULAR
HONOR THE SANCTITY, NOT THE SUPERFICIALS OF MARRIAGE
“Marriage should be honored by all…”
Victory Groups Questions:
1. What is God’s purpose for your marriage? Why?
2. Why do you think God chose your spouse to be your teammate?
3. How does your spouse help you in areas of your weakness?
4. For Singles: What Godly qualities are you looking for in your future