MARCH 31, 2019
John 15:1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.” (John 15:1 NKJV)
John 15:4-5 “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:4-5 NKJV)
1. ABIDING IS NOT GETTING TO A PLACE, BUT LEARNING TO STAY IN A PLACE.
· The only criteria for the branch is to abide.
2. WITH MANS WAYS YOU “WORK TO REST”. WITH GOD’S WAYS YOU REST SO YOU CAN WORK EFFECTIVELY.
· The ways of man is opposite of the Kings ways.
3. RADICAL GENEROSITY BEGINS WITH YOU UNDERSTANDING YOU HAVE COME FROM GREATNESS, SO YOU ARE GOING TO PRODUCE GREATNESS.
· As a daughter or son you learn to walk in the authority of your inheritance.
4. HOLY SPIRIT IS GENEROUS. A LIFE CONNECTED TO THE VINE CAN BE FREE FROM THE POWER OF POSSESSIONS TO POSSESS YOU.
“Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.” (Acts 4:32 NKJV)
Life Group Discussion:
1. Our responsibility is to abide and rest with God as the supplier. How can you align yourself to be at rest in God without striving?
2. Generosity is a value in God’s Kingdom. In which areas can you commit yourself to greater generosity?
3. Dominion means to walk on or subdue. 2019 is a year of breakthrough and triumph. In what ways do you need to be intentional about taking Kingdom dominion?
4. As sons and daughters we can be free from the power of possession to possess us. Dream and discuss what it could look like as an individual who walks in radical generosity and what it could look like as a church. Remember radical generosity includes money, but is not limited to money. It is an overflow of a heart surrendered to the Holy Spirit.