“Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets. He called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.” Matthew 4:21-22 NKJV
Mend: (v) repair (something that is broken or damaged); return to health, heal
1. MENDING HAPPENS WHEN WE’RE IN THE RIGHT HANDS!!
“Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28 NASB
“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13 NLT
2. MENDING TAKES PLACE IN COMMUNITY!!
“Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12 NLT
GO FROM MEMBER TO MENDER!!
“…for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ;” Ephesians 4:12 NKJV
Katartismos: a preparing, an equipping
3. MENDING TAKES HEART!!
“…and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.” Matthew 4:22 NKJV
Victory Group Questions:
1) Does your life need mending?? If so, have you been running to God?? If not, then what do you plan on changing??
2) Are you apart of a Life Group or Victory Group?? If so, has it been effective?? If not, do you plan on joining one and why??
3) Does fisherman mend their nets to just leave them on the shore?? If you have been mended, how will you become a “Mender”??
4) Did you do something fun for Mother’s Day?? If you are a mom, how was it?? Share and pray for one another.