Moving Beyond Feelings
"For we live by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7 NIV
1. THIS IS NOT THE SEASON OF FEELINGS BUT THE SEASON OF FAITHFULNESS.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 ESV
2. FEELINGS ARE NOT FACTS.
"Whoever trusts in himself is foolish, but whoever lives wisely will be kept safe." Proverbs 28:26 ISV
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. " Proverbs 3:5 NKJV
3. MAKE THE CHOICE. TAKE THE CHANCE. SEE THE CHANGE.
"22 Jesus said to them, “Have faith in God!
23 I can guarantee this truth: This is what will be done for someone who doesn’t doubt but believes what he says will happen: He can say to this mountain, ‘Be uprooted and thrown into the sea,’ and it will be done for him.
24 That’s why I tell you to have faith that you have already received whatever you pray for, and it will be yours."
Mark 11:22-24 GWT
"23 The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;
24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand." Psalm 37:23-24 NIV
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Was there a time in your life that your feelings got the best of you? What would you have done different after knowing how to handle your feelings?
2. God designed our feelings to be gauges, not guides. What does that mean to you?
3. You must do something you’ve never done to get somewhere you’ve never been. Was there a time in your life that you took a leap faith and trusted in God completely?