Opportune Time Pt. 1
When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left Him until an opportune time.
Luke 4:13 NIV
1. WAKE UP AND RISE UP!
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
I Peter 5:8 NIV
Opportune Time #1 — Immediately after a great victory.
Opportune Time #2 — Immediately before a great victory.
Opportune Time #3 — When we are emotionally, mentally, and physically drained.
Opportune Time #4 — When we are waiting for the Lord.
Opportune Time #5 — When we are in the house of God.
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
1 Corinthians 10:13 NLT
2. MAKE SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINES ESSENTIAL RATHER THAN AN OPTION.
Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be Godly. Physical training is good, but training for Godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:7-8 NLT
3. STAY IN YOUR HEDGE OF PROTECTION.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.
John 10:28-30 NIV
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1. We can’t keep Satan from prowling, but we can refuse to give him an opportunity. How can you shut down that window of opportunities of the enemy?
2. There are things you must do in response to the Spirit's work to listen to Him and experience healthy spiritual growth. Which spiritual disciplines do you think you need to work on?
3. If your hedge has been broken in the past, what steps did you take to rebuild the wall?