OUTLAST THE STORMS OF LIFE
1. TESTING STORMS AND CORRECTING STORMS
“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let
endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
(James 1:2-4 NASB)
“Before I was afflicted, I went astray, but now I keep your word.”
(Psalm 119:67 NKJ).
“I used to wander off until you disciplined me, but now I closely follow your word.”
(Psalm 119:67 NLT)
2. GROWING DEEPER ROOTS GIVES ABILITY TO OUTLAST STRONGER STORMS
“…when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy; and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only temporary; then,
when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.”
(Mark 4:16-17 NASB)
STORMS ARE TEMPORARY
“Then the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.” (Matthew 4:11 NASB)
3. ENGRAVE: GAM ZEH YA’AVOR
“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not
on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
(2 Corinthians 4:17-18 NIV)
4. OUTLASTERS DEVELOP PATIENT ENDURANCE IN THE MEAN TIME
“Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.”
(Hebrews 10:36 NLT)
Victory Group Questions:
1. What storm of life did you outlast in the past, and how did God help you to outlast it?
2. How is God helping you to perhaps outlast the storm of life you’re currently in?
3. How does God use adversities to develop “enduring faith” to outlast life’s storms?
4. Are you an “Outlaster” that will receive what God promised? How are you an “Outlaster”?