Hebrew word for “peace” is shalom. (Old Testament)
Greek word for “peace” is Eirene. (New Testament)
“When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you.”
Luke 10:5-6 (NIV)
1. PRACTICING COMMON COURTESY PREVAILS IN PEACEFUL HOMES!
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.”
Matthew 5:9 (NIV)
2. BEING CONTENT IS BETTER THAN LVIVING WITH CONTEMPT!
“Better a dry crust eaten in peace than a house filled with feasting and conflict.”
Proverbs 17:1 (NLT)
3. PRACTICE SELFLESSNESS AND SERVANTRY!
“What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.”
James 4:1-4 (ESV)
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”
James 4:7-8 (NIV)
4. PEACE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF THE STORM BUT THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN THE STORM.
“And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.”
Colossians 3:5 (NLT)
Victory Group Questions:
1. The location of your neighborhood does not determine if there is peace within your home. A peaceful home take intentionality. What intentional steps can you take to create peace in your home?
2. When our homes are filled with clutter, it is difficult to find space for new things. The same can be said for the homes of your hearts. When our hearts are filled with the clutter (spirit) of old offenses and past mistakes, there is no room for forgiveness. What clutter do you have in your heart?
3. An empty home does not necessarily translate to a peaceful home. What can you fill your home with to bring peace?
4. Share a testimony of when the presence of God helped you through a storm.