Prescriptions for Family Feuds
“...Joseph replied, ‘Don’t be afraid of me. Am I God, that I can punish you? You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people No, don’t be afraid. I will continue to take care of you and your children.’ So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them.” Genesis 50:19-21 NLT
1. IT’S NOT ABOUT BEING RIGHT BUT DOING RIGHT!
“...But his brothers were speechless! They were stunned to realize that Joseph was standing there in front of them. ‘Please, come closer,’ he said to them. So they came closer. And he said again, ‘I am Joseph, your brother, whom you sold into slavery in Egypt.” Genesis 45:3-4 NLT
“But I say, do not resist an evil person! If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also. If you are sued in court and your shirt is taken from you, give your coat, too.” Matthew 5:39-40 NLT
2. IT’S MORE THAN FORGIVENESS, IT’S FORGETTING!
“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged…” 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 NLT
3. TO RESPOND WITH LOVE IS TO RESTORE IN CHRIST!
“Weeping with joy, he embraced Benjamin, and Benjamin did the same. Then Joseph kissed each of his brothers and wept over them, and after that they began talking freely with him.” Genesis 45:14-15 NLT
“...don’t sin by letting anger control you.’ Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry,”
Ephesians 4:26 NLT
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) Have you ever felt betrayed like Joseph? How did you handle it? Share.
2) After hearing the message, what is your understanding of “True Forgiveness”? Do you have a list of things that you need to Forget? Speak life into one another.
3) Why is it important to respond with love? Why is it important to restore your family/relationship in Christ? Share.
4) What is something that you personally took away from the message?