Raise the Roof!
GOAL: RAISE THE DECIBEL OF YOUR PRAISE!
Decibel: (n) a unit used to measure the intensity of a sound or the power level…a degree of loudness.
“Sing praise-songs to God. He’s done it all! Let the whole earth know what he’s done! Raise the roof! Sing
your hearts out, O Zion! The Greatest lives among you: The Holy of Israel.”
Isaiah 12:5-6 MSG
1. PROJECT YOUR PRAISE, INCREASE THE POWER!
“So the people shouted when the priests blew the trumpets. And it happened when the people heard the sound
of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat...”
Joshua 6:20 NKJV
2. THE INTENSITY OF YOUR WORSHIP IS A REFLECTION OF YOUR TESTIMONY!
“Great is the Lord, and GREATLY to be praised…”
Psalm 145:3 NKJV
“Now Joshua had commanded the people, saying, ‘You shall not shout or make any noise with your voice, nor
shall a word proceed out of your mouth…”
Joshua 6:10 NKJV
3. WHERE THERE’S A PRAISE BREAK, THERE’S A PRISON BREAK!
“Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!”
Psalm 98:4 NLT
“...then the wall of the city will fall down flat. And the people shall go up every man straight before him.”
Joshua 6:5 NKJV
Victory Group Questions:
1) What did you learn from the story of Jericho? Share.
2) How can you raise the decibel of your praise? What actions will you take?
3) Be honest. Does your worship reflect the power of your testimony? If not, what’s holding you back?
4) Name a song that once you hear, you gotta rush to the dance floor? Or name a song that you have to
sing at Karaoke. (It’s ok if it’s secular. Be open, this is a fun activity.)