Raise Your Spirit
“I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 3:14 (NASB)
Press: (v) to compel; force; to move or cause to move
1. YOU’VE GOTTA FORCE YOURSELF TO FAITH IT OUT!
“And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, ‘Jesus, Son of David, have
mercy on me!’ Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, ‘Son of David, have mercy on
Mark 10:47-48 (NKJV)
“With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the Lord; And in the midst of many I will praise Him.”
Psalm 109:30 (NASB)
2. IN ORDER TO GO UP, YOU NEED TO GROW UP!
“And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus.”
Mark 10:50 (NKJV)
“...To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of
Isaiah 61:3 (NKJV)
3. WORSHIP IS MORE THAN A SONG, IT’S A LIFESTYLE!
“So Jesus answered and said to him, ‘What do you want Me to do for you?”
Mark 10:51 (NKJV)
➢ COME BACK TO THE HEART OF WORSHIP!
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) What does it mean to “Faith it out”? What does that look like? Have you ever had to force yourself to
“Faith it out”? Share.
2) What are some other examples of “Garments” that hold us back from freely worshiping God? What are
some “Garments” that you need to throw aside? Share.
3) What did you learn from the story of Bartimaeus? Can you relate to him? How?
4) What is something that stood out to you in the message that wasn’t covered in the questions? Share.
❖ FUN ACTIVITY: What is your favorite worship song? Sing a part of it for the group.