Redeem the Time
“Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. For you are just a vapor that appears for a little while, and then vanishes away.” James 4:14 NASB
1. INVESTING YOUR TIME IS BEING INTENTIONAL WITH YOUR TIME!!
“Then those who went before warned him that he should be quiet; but he cried out all the more, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me!” Luke 18:39 NKJV
2. BE SPECIFIC AND GET TO THE POINT!!
“When you pray, don’t babble on and on as the Gentiles do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again. Don’t be like them, for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!” Matthew 6:7-8 NLT
“He said, ‘Lord, that I may receive my sight.” Luke 18:41 NKJV
3. DON’T LIVE TO IMPRESS PEOPLE, LIVE TO IMPACT PEOPLE!!
“And immediately he received his sight, and followed Him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God.” Luke 18:43 NKJV
“All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” 1 Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) What does “TIME” mean to you??
2) Read James 4:14. What does this scripture mean to you?? Explain.
3) In what ways do you plan on being Intentional with your time this year?? How do you plan on Investing your time??
4) Do you have Goals or Resolutions for this year?? If so, are they specific and to the point?? Can they fit on a sticky note??
5) What does it mean to “Impact People”?? Is it important for the next generation (your kids, siblings, nephews, nieces, etc.)?? Why?? Does your life Impact people or just Impress them??