Responding with Righteousness
1. Don’t let negative situations control you.
The Lord detests the way of the wicked, but he loves those who pursue righteousness. Proverbs 15:9 NIV
2. Let negative situations take you to your knees!
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 NIV
3. Let GOD deal with your struggle rather than the devil.
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7 NIV
4. Use negative situations as an opportunity for character growth.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you maybe mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4 NIV
Victory Group Questions
1. Discuss which negative situations still may or may not control you. What does God do to help you change that?
2. Are the negative situations the only times you find yourself on your knees? Why or why not?
3. What struggles are you allowing God to deal with currently? Are there any you haven’t given to Him?
4. What characteristics in your life have you grown in? Which situations helped you get there?