Rock the Cradle
“Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.”
(Proverbs 31:31 NIV)
MOTHERHOOD IS A MATTER OF CHOICE, NOT A MATTER OF HAVING A CHILD
“As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you...”
(Isaiah 66:13 NIV)
“When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirt.”
(Luke 1:41 NASB)
1. THE FAITH OF MATRIARCHS ARE PASSED DOWN THROUGH GENERATIONS
“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.”
(Proverbs 31:26 NASB)
2. THE GREATEST TRIBUTE TO A MOM, IS THE TESTIMONY OF THEIR CHILDREN
“Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women have done excellently, but you
surpass them all.’”
(Proverbs 31:28-29 NKJ)
3. DON’T MESS WITH A PRAYING MOM!
“You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.”
(Psalm 56:8 NLT)
“…the children struggled together within her; and she said, ‘If all is well, why am I like this?’ So she went to inquire of the Lord.
And the Lord said to her ‘Two nations are in your womb, two people shall be separated from your body; One people shall be stronger
than the other, and the older shall serve the younger.’”
(Genesis 25:22-23 NKJ)
Victory Group Questions:
1. Read Proverbs 31: What are some Godly virtues of a woman that stand out to you, and why?
2. What’s one biblical life lesson you learned from your mom?
3. What’s one scripture that best describes your mom? Why?
4. What are you praying for, for your family?