1. KNOCK DOWN THE WALLS OF UNBELIEF.
“And they were deeply offended and refused to believe in Him. Then Jesus told them, ‘A prophet is honored everywhere except in His own hometown and among his own family.’ And so He did only a few miracles there because of their unbelief.”
Matthew 13:57-58 (NLT)
“An offended friend is harder to win back than a fortified city. Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with bars.”
Proverbs 18:19 (NLT)
2. KNOCK DOWN THE WALLS OF OFFENSE.
OFFENSE (SKANDALON): Stumbling block. A trap - any hindrance placed in the way and causing one to stumble or fall.
“...many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”
Matthew 24:10-13 (NKJV)
BITTERNESS WILL ROB YOU OF YOUR BREAKTHROUGH.
“Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.”
Ephesians 4:31-32 (NLT)
3. MAKE ROOM FOR THE MIRACLE WORKER.
“Look now, I know that this is a holy man of God, who passes by us regularly. Please, let us make a small upper room on the wall; and let us put a bed for him there, and a table and a chair and a lampstand; so it will be, whenever he comes to us, he can turn in there.”
2 Kings 4:9-10 (NKJV)
“So he said, “Why are you going to him today? It is neither the New Moon nor the Sabbath.” And she said, “It is well”.
2 Kings 4:23 (NKJV)
Victory Group Questions:
1. Examine your heart. When you get angry or offended, where do you think it’s fueled from? Righteousness or your desire to be right?Read 1 Peter 2:21-25.
2. Do you harbor any offenses? Forgive and repent. Don’t let the enemy intercept your blessing or miracle.
3. How do you make room for God in your life? If you find this difficult to do, then what’s distracting you?
4. Share what your biggest takeaway from this message was and why?