The LORD watches over you—the LORD is your shade at your right hand. The LORD will keep you from all harm—He will watch over your life. The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121:5,7-8 (NIV)
Elohim Shomri (Hebrew: God is My Protector)
Those who live (dwell) in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD. He
alone is My refuge, My place of safety; He is My God and I trust Him.
Psalm 91:1-2 (NLT)
1. DON’T JUST COME CLOSE TO THE FATHER; STAY CLOSE TO THE FATHER.
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8 (NASB)
I declare that the Lord is my refuge and my place of safety. He will fight the enemy on my behalf in Jesus name!
You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me.
Psalm 139:5 (NKJV)
2. DON’T DESPISE ANYTHING THAT BRINGS YOU TO YOUR KNEES; SUFFERING ALLOWS YOU TO DEPEND ON GOD FOR HELP AND STRENGTH
Humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
James 4:10 (NLT)
The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love Me. I will protect those who trust in My name. When they call on Me, I will
answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them My
salvation.” Psalm 91:14-16 (NLT)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Read Psalm 91:1-2. In what areas of your life can you declare God’s protection and safety and gain His victory?
2. Has God ever “hedged you in” (Psalm 139:5)? Share your experiences with those in your group. How do you respond
to God’s protective dealings in your life and learn to trust Him more?
3. Are you going through a time of suffering or temptation? What is God teaching you during this season? How can you apply James 4:10 to your life and take authority over the enemy?