Secret Petitions of Your Heart
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!
Psalm 139:17-18 (NLT)
1. BE PERSISTENT AND FERVENT IN YOUR PRAYERS; STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD
Be persistent and devoted to prayer, being alert and focused in your prayer life with an attitude of thanksgiving.
Colossians 4:2 (AMP)
And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us.
I John 5:14 (ESV).
WON’T HE DO IT?!
God is not man, that He should lie or a Son of Man, that He should change His mind. Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He
spoken, and will He not fulfill it?
Numbers 23:19 (ESV)
2. GOD DELIGHTS WHEN WE COME TO HIM IN SECRET
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
Psalm 37:4 (AMP)
MOMENTARY WHISPERS OF YOUR HEART
When you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees
everything, will reward you (in secret).
Matthew 6:6 (NLT)
Secret Place: To privately pray and spend time with God to grow in relationship with Him. We become vulnerable with
God and experience His love for us. It is a place for our refuge.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
Ephesians 3:20 (NJKV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1. Read Colossians 4:2. How can you apply this scripture to your life?
2. What are some “Arrow Prayers” you can pray to God throughout your day when you are in need?
3. Share a testimony about how God has answered your prayers and petitions of your heart.
4. Do you need prayer? Share a prayer need with your group and believe that God will answer that prayer! (Ephesians 3:20)