SILENCING UNCLEAN NEGATIVE VOICES
OUR LIVES ARE DIRECTED AND AFFECTED BY THE WAY WE THINK.
“For as he thinks within himself, so he is..." Proverbs 23:7 (NASB)
“Just then there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, saying, “What business do you have with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are: the Holy One of God!” And Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet, and come out of him!” After throwing him into convulsions and crying out with a loud voice, the unclean spirit came out of him.” Mark 1:23-26 (NASB)
1. CUT IT SHORT AND SHUT IT DOWN.
“Listen carefully: I have given you authority [that you now possess] to tread on serpents and scorpions, and [the ability to exercise authority] over all the power of the enemy (Satan); and nothing will [in any way] harm you.” Luke 10:19 (AMP)
2. THERE’S NO SPIRIT MORE POWERFUL THAN THE HOLY SPIRIT.
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a SOUND MIND.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are TAKING EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE to the obedience of Christ…" 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (NASB)
3. THE WORD OF GOD IS THE FINAL AUTHORITY.
“So submit to [the authority of] God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him] and he will flee from you.” James 4:7 (AMP)
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—THINK about such things.” Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
Victory Group Questions:
1. What negative voices have you been entertaining in your mind and why? Silence them.
2. In what areas of your life do you need to take your thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ?
3. Share an experience where you’ve had victory over the voice of the enemy by hearing the voice of God?
4. What was your biggest takeaway from this message and why?