1. CHOOSE THE LORD TO BUILD YOUR HOME
“…unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain…”
Psalm 127:1 (NIV)
SPIRIT IN THE HOME, THEN THE STRUCTURE OF THE HOUSE
2. SOLID HOMES ARE BUILT WITH, AND ON SOLID BIBLICAL VALUES
“…everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
Matthew 7:24-27 (NIV)
WORK ON MAINTAINING SOLID AND HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
WORK ON MAINTAINING UNITY IN THE HOME
“If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.”
Mark 3:25 (NIV)
“…a family splintered by feuding will fall apart.”
Mark 3:25 (NLT)
3. SOLID HOMES DON’T JUST DECORATE, THEY DEDICATE.
“You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”
Deuteronomy 6:9 & 11:20 (NASB)
“…if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served…or will it be
the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:15 (NLT)
A HOME THAT SERVES THE LORD, IS THE HOME THAT THE LORD SERVES
Victory Group Questions:
1. What’s the difference between a house and a home?
2. What are some storms that homes encounter? How will you storm proof your home?
3. Why do you think so many homes are destroyed?
4. Read Deuteronomy 6:4-9 and 11:13-21, and discuss how this applies to building solid homes today, and for the future.