Stopping the Devourer
“And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,’ Says the Lord of hosts;” Malachi 3:11 NKJV
1. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY, BUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HEART!!
“Such is the fate of all who are greedy for money; it robs them of life.” Proverbs 1:19 NLT
2. REMINDS THE ENEMY, WHO’S BOSS!!
“in which you previously walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of
the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.” Ephesians 2:2 NKJV
3. MEANS FINDING PROTECTION UNDER THE PROTECTOR!!
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection." Psalm 91: 1-4 (NLT)
4. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY, BUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HEART!!
“Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths And honor Me with their lips, But have removed their hearts far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,” Isaiah 29:13 NKJV
Victory Group Questions:
1) Be honest with the group. How is your HEART when it comes to the church and your money?? What do you think of the Tithe??
2) Do you believe God has stopped the devourer in your life?? In what ways?? Share.
3) Do I really need to be under the covering of God to receive His Blessings and Protection?? Why??
4) What is one thing that you took from the sermon?? Did you accept the “Heart Challenge" ??