1. THE BLESSING OF GOD IS BEAUTIFUL IN ITS TIME
“He has made everything beautiful in its time…”
(Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV)
GOD IS WORKING, WHILE YOU ARE WAITING
“…I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.”
(Psalm 40:1 NIV)
“You also must be patient. Keep your hopes high, for the day of the Lord’s coming is near.”
(James 5:8 GNT)
2. I’M WAITING ON GOD, OR GOD’S WAITING ON ME?
“How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?”
(Psalm 13:1 ESV)
DESIRE DOESN’T MEAN READINESS
“So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”
(Matthew 24:44 NIV)
“…promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: He putteth down one, and
setteth up another.”
(Psalm 75:6-7 KJV)
GOD’S DELAY, DOESN’T MEAN HIS DENIAL
3. GIVEN BLESSING IS SWEET
RUIN CAN HAPPEN WHEN THE BLESSING IS TAKEN PREMATURELY, OR FORCED
“The blessing of the Lord brings (true) riches, and He adds no sorrow to it (for it comes as a blessing from God).”
(Proverbs 10:22 AMP).
Victory Group Questions:
1. What 2 sweet blessings are you waiting on God for?
2. What attitude should you cultivate and have while you wait? Why?
3. Do you think you’re waiting on God for the sweet blessing(s), or is God waiting on you? Explain.
4. What life lessons have you learned from this message? Explain.