Taking the High Road
"…Hurry now; for today he came to this city, because there is a sacrifice of the people today on the high place…” 1 Samuel 9:12 (NKJV)
“So they went up to the city. As they were coming into the city, there was Samuel, coming out toward them on his way up to the high place.” 1 Samuel 9:14 (NKJV)
1. YOUR ATTITUDE DETERMINES YOUR ALTITUDE!
“A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22 (NASB)
2. TAKE THE HIGH ROAD TO AVOID THE FLOOD!
“David also arose afterward, went out of the cave, and called out to Saul, saying, “My lord the king!” And when Saul looked behind him, David stooped with his face to the earth, and bowed down.” 1 Samuel 24:8 (NKJV)
3. THE VANTAGE POINT IS GREATER ON THE HIGH ROAD!
“ Now it came to pass, in the morning watch, that the Lord looked down upon the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and cloud, and He troubled the army of the Egyptians.” Exodus 14:24 (NKJKV)
“Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So
we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV)
Victory Group Questions:
1. Share a time when you have had to take the HIGH ROAD.
2. The flood waters of life are relentless. How can you prepare spiritually to avoid the flood waters?
3. The spirit of hopelessness consumes people because they have no vision. How can you change your vantage point to increase your vision?
4. READ Psalms 102 and discuss.