Taking the Road Less Traveled
"... broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14 NIV
THE "ACTS 9" ROAD - THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS
"... suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?' 'Who are you Lord?' Saul asked. 'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,' he replied..." Acts 9:3-5 NIV
1. WHERE YOU HAVE A PERSONAL ENCOUNTER WITH GOD.
"...one thing I do know ...though I was blind, now I see." John 9:25 NASB
2. WHERE YOU'RE TRANSFORMED, NOT JUST CHANGED
"All those hearing him continued to be amazed, and were saying, 'Is this not he who in Jerusalem destroyed those who called on this name, and who had come here for the purpose of bringing them bound before the chief priests?'" Acts 9:21 NASB
3. WHERE YOUR FAITH IS STRENGTHENED
"...Saul kept increasing in strength and confounding the Jews who lived at Damascus by proving that this Jesus is the Christ." Acts 9:22 NASB
THE GAINS WILL OUTWEIGH THE PAINS
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Do you think you can see, yet be blind? Provide an example from your own life.
2. Why do you think many people tend not to take the road less traveled?
3. What road do you need to take in order to fulfill all that God has for you? Why?
4. How does God strengthen your faith? Explain.