The Crossroad of Blessings Pt. 1
“Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Proverbs 22:6 (NKJV)
❖ OBEDIENCE IS A PRODUCT OF YOUR FAITH AND THE KEY TO YOUR BLESSING!
“Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! You will be blessed if you obey the
commands of the Lord your God...”
Deuteronomy 11:26-27 (NLT)
1. GOD WILL NEVER SET YOU UP FOR FAILURE!
“But to the sons of Kohath he gave none, because theirs was the service of the holy things, which they carried
on their shoulders.”
Numbers 7:9 (NKJV)
2. FREE WILL DOESN’T MEAN FREE REIN!
Free Rein: (n) unrestricted liberty of action or decision; freedom to act and make decisions without first
getting permission. The expression free rein originated from horseback riding and refers to the act of holding
the reins that control the horse loosely so as to allow the horse to freely move along at its own pace and in its
“So they carried the ark of God on a new cart from the house of Abinadab, and Uzza and Ahio drove the cart.”
1 Chronicles 13:7 (NKJV)
3. HAVING GOOD INTENTIONS DOESN’T ACCOUNT FOR MAKING BAD DECISIONS!
“Then all the assembly said that they would do so, for the thing was right in the eyes of all the people.”
1 Chronicles 13:4 (NKJV)
“...Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice...”
1 Samuel 15:22 (NLT)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) How important is Obedience to your Faith? Can you have Faith without it?
2) What does bullet point number 1 mean to you? Give an example.
3) Have you been treating the Presence of God “loosely” lately? If yes, why? If not, explain how we can
keep the Presence of God precious in our lives.
4) Have you ever made a bad decision but with good intentions? What happened? Does having good
intentions make it right? Share.
5) What is something you took away from this message that wasn’t covered in today’s victory group?