The Dark Side of the Supernatural
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
Ephesians 6:12 (NASB).
1. THE DARK SIDE OF THE SUPERNATURAL, WANTS TO SUBTLY TAKE OVER, AND OCCUPY TERRITORY
“Neither give place to the devil.”
Ephesians 4:27 (KJV)
“And Satan entered into Judas who was called Iscariot, belonging to the number of the twelve.”
Luke 22:3 (NASB)
2. DON’T OPEN, OR LEAVE OPEN SPIRITUAL DOORS TO THE DARK SIDE OF THE SUPERNATURAL
“…the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV)
“So he consented, and began seeking a good opportunity to betray
Him apart from the crowd.”
Luke 22:6 (NASB)
“Then the spirit of the Egyptians will be demoralized within them; and I will confound their strategies, so that they will resort to idols
and ghosts of the dead, and to mediums and spiritists.“
Isaiah 19:3 (NASB)
“‘You shall not…practice divination (witchcraft) or soothsaying’”.
Leviticus. 19:26 (NASB)
“Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols…”
I Samuel 15:23 (NLT)
CONTROL YOUR CURIOUSITY
“Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.”
Lev. 19:31 (NASB)
WHAT YOU SUBMIT TO, GETS STRONGER. WHAT YOU RESIST GETS WEAKER
“…submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”
James 4:7 (NKJ)
3. THE DEVIL’S TROPHY IS YOUR FUTURE
DON’T EXCHANGE THE FUTURE FOR THE NOW
“ ‘As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and
will cut him off from among his people. You shall consecrate yourselves therefore and be holy, for I am the Lord your God.’”
Lev. 20:6-7 (NASB)
1. Can you detect the light side of the supernatural, and can you detect the dark side of the supernatural? Explain.
2. How will you keep yourself from being influenced by the dark side of the supernatural?
3. How will you make sure you’re being influenced by the “light” side of the supernatural?
4. What lessons have you learned from this message?