The Eternal Invite
“…God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.” 1 John 5:11-12 (NIV)
1. THE MOST IMPORTANT INVITE ON EARTH IS THE ETERNAL INVITE!
“Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me.”
Matthew 16:24 (NASB)
· ACCEPT JESUS
· FOLLOW JESUS
2. THE ETERNAL INVITE AFFECTS YOUR LIFE HERE ON EARTH AND IN HEAVEN!
“He saw at the water’s edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets. He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.” Luke 5:2-3 (NIV)
“Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.” So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.” Luke 5:10-11 (NIV)
3. YOUR JOB IS TO SIMPLY DELIEVER THE ETERNAL INVITE!
“Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.’ So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.” Matthew 22:9-10 (NKJV)
Life Group Questions:
· How many eternal invites have you made? How many have been received?
· What common roadblocks do you think affect a person’s decision to offer an eternal invite?
· Share your experience of when you accepted the eternal invite.