The Gift of A Stranger
GOD CAN SEND ANGELS DISGUISED AS STRANGERS
“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.” (Hebrews 13:2 NASB)
1. FULFILLING YOUR DESTINY COULD HINGE ON WHO YOU NEED TO GET TO KNOW
“…two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground.” (Gen. 19:1 NASB)
“…for the compassion of the Lord was upon him; and they brought him out, and put him outside the city.” (Genesis 19:16 NASB)
“…I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” (Matthew 25:35 ESV)
2. MAKE EVERY PERSON FEEL VALUED
“…the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’” (Matthew 25:40 ESV)
3. TREAT OTHERS BETTER THAN YOU WOULD YOURSELF
“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.” (Philippians 2:3 NIV)
“…love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.” (Deuteronomy 10:19 NKJ)
Victory Group Discussion:
1. When was the last time you blessed a complete stranger, and what did you do to bless him/her?
2. What are 2 practical things you can do to help make someone you don’t know feel valued?
3. Has there been a time when a complete stranger blessed you? How did you feel?