The Gift of Closure
THE GIFT OF CLOSURE
1. CLOSE THE DOOR TO YOUR PAST
“…one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead.” (Philippians 3:13 NASB)
“Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past.” (Isaiah 43:18 NASB)
“Come, my people, enter into your rooms and close your doors behind you…” (Isaiah 26:20 NASB)
“…the sea returned to its normal state at daybreak, while the Egyptians were fleeing right into it…” (Exodus 14:27 NKJ)
2. DECLARE BY FAITH: THIS IS MY DAYBREAK
3. CLOSURES MAY FEEL LIKE YOU’RE BEING REJECTED, BUT YOU’RE NOT BEING REJECTED, YOU’RE BEING RE-DIRECTED
“…there was no room for them in the inn.” (Luke 2:7 NKJ)
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)
Victory Group Discussion:
1. What past things does God want you to close? Why do you think?
2. What areas of your life do you need to declare by faith “This is my daybreak!" Why?
3. Give an example of a time when God closed something (i.e. an opportunity, a relationship etc.), but used that closure to lead you so something better than you expected.