The Gift of No
“For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.” (Galatians 1:10 ESV)
1. SAY NO TO PEOPLE PLEASING AND YES TO PLEASING GOD.
"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." (Hebrews11:6 ESV)
2. FAITH PLEASES GOD.
“Look to the Lord and his strength, seek his face always.” (1 Chronicles 16:11 NIV)
3. PRAYING IS YOUR COMMUNICATION WITH GOD.
Life Group Questions
1. What life lessons did you learn the hard way from people pleasing?
2. Read Colossians 3:1-17. Briefly discuss what this passage means to you.
3. Read 1 Timothy 2:1-4. Discuss the different types of prayers.
4. How is your prayer life? Discuss.