The Gift of Peace
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)
1. THE GIFT OF PEACE IS AVAILABLE TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO RECEIVE IT!
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
John 14:27 (NIV)
2. USE THE GIFT OF PEACE AS A SPIRITUAL WEAPON OF WARFARE!
“The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet…”
Romans 16:20 (NIV)
“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand…and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.” Ephesians 6:13,15 (NIV)
3. KEEP YOUR TRUST IN THE LORD, AND YOUR EYES FIXED ON JESUS!
“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.” Isaiah 26:3-4 (NLT)
Victory Group Questions:
1. Having peace in our lives doesn’t mean “easy.” Jesus never promised easy; He only promised help. How do you remain fixed on Jesus when things get difficult?
2. The peace of God is different from the peace of the world. How would you describe the difference?
3. Jesus is described as the “Prince of Peace” and the Gift of Peace is available to everyone. How has Jesus helped you find peace?
4. What are some distractions that interrupt the peace in your life? What do you do to combat it?