The Gift of Rejection
(Jesus) was despised and rejected—a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on Him and looked the other way. He was despised and we did not care. Isaiah 53:3 (NLT)
1. SHAKE THE DUST OF REJECTION; FORGIVE AND MOVE ON
(Jesus said to His disciples) if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them. Mark 6:11 (ESV)
(Jesus said) “Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.” Luke 23:34 (NIV)
2. RECEIVE GOD’S GIFT OF RE-DIRECTION
A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9 (NKJV)
3. FOCUS NOT ON THE ABSENCE BUT THE PRESENCE OF GOD; SEE THE EVIDENCE OF GOD’S GOODNESS
(Job said) “Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips. Job 2:10 (NKJV)
Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me! Psalm 66:20 (NIV)
I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return].
Philippians 1:6 (AMP)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Read Isaiah 53:3. As Jesus experienced much rejection in his life, how can you respond rightly when rejected?
2. How can you change your perspective about rejection as it applies to God bringing re-direction to your life? Share an example from your life.
3. Read Job 2:10. Share a trial that you have gone through or may be going through and apply this scripture to your situation. Pray for a deeper level of faith and trust in God, as you overcome these trials.
4. Do you need to forgive people in your life who have hurt and rejected you? If so, take the time to ask God to forgive you, as you forgive yourself and to give you the strength to forgive those who have rejected you. Allow a time in your group where you can usher in the presence of God and have everyone forgive and release people to the Lord.