The Gift of The Wilderness
1. THE WILDERNESS SEASON IS TEMPORARY, NOT PERMANENT
“…Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.” (Matthew 4:1 NASB)
2. THE WILDERNESS IS A TEST OF GOD THAT CONFIRMS AND PROVES WHAT’S IN YOU
PREPARED FOR GRADUATION, NOT FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION
“Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness…” (Matthew 3:1 NASB)
“…the word of God came to John…in the wilderness.” (Luke 3:2 NASB)
“…they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.” (Revelation 12:11 NKJ)
3. REDEEM THE WILDERNESS, NOT REBEL IN IT
“ ‘Only do not rebel against the Lord; and do not fear the people of the land…the Lord is with us…’” (Number 14:9 NASB)
4. HAVE AN “EVEN THOUGH” MINDSET
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me…You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies…” (Psalm 23:4 NASB)
Victory Group Discussion:
1. What are some indicators in life letting you know that you may be in the wilderness?
2. How will you respond in your wilderness?
3. How has your faith grown stronger in the wilderness?
4. What life lessons did you learn in your wilderness?