The Gift of Third Chances
“He said to him the THIRD TIME, ‘Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?’ Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, ‘Do you love Me?’ And he said to Him, ‘Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Feed My sheep.” John 21:17 NKJV
1. MAKE THIS GIFT COUNT!!
“Lord, remind me how BRIEF my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are NUMBERED—how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.” Psalm 39:4-5 NLT
2. MAKE JOY A CHOICE, NOT A DESTINATION!!
“When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great JOY.” Matthew 2:10 NKJV
3. ALWAYS REMEMBER: CHRISTMAS BEGINS WITH CHRIST!!
“They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and WORSHIPED him. THEN they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.” Matthew 2:11 NLT
Victory Group Questions:
1) Have you received the Gift of Third Chances?? What happened?? And what did you learn??
2) Are you making this Gift count?? How?? What are you doing dif
3) Have you viewed JOY as simply a Destination?? How has this message changed your mindset??
4) Share of an annual Family Christmas Tradition. Something you do as a family. Or something you do on your own??
5) What's your favorite Christmas Memory??