The Gift of Unanswered Prayers
No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11 (NKVJ)
1. GOD’S IDEA OF A GOOD THING MIGHT BE DIFFERENT THAN YOURS
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9 (NIV)
2. GOD IS WAITING FOR YOUR OBEDIENCE
DON’T TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS
3. WAIT FOR GOD’S TIMING; HE HAS SOMETHING BETTER FOR YOU
I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord’s praise, for He has been good to me. Psalm 13:5-6 (NIV)
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Have your prayers ever been unanswered by God? How did God turn things around? Share with the group your experiences and the lessons God taught you through this time.
2. Did you ever take matters into your own hands while waiting for God to answer your prayers? Discuss the story about Sarah in Genesis 16 and the consequence of her “birthing an Ishmael’, instead of waiting on the promise of Isaac.
3. Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. How can you apply this scripture to the season that you are in? What is God teaching you in the area of
trusting in Him when it comes to answered prayers?